Thursday, April 17, 2008

Net Promoter Adoption

Hello old friends, it's been a while. I'm trying to get my corporate blog to be more real-time, so in the meantime, I'm back to my personal blog and back in the game.

I have the opportunity to speak often on Net Promoter as part of my role as CMO at Satmetrix, including teaching Net Promoter certification. One of the key themes I share with business leaders is that Net Promoter Score is easy to adopt across a large complex organization because everyone can understand the concept of making more Promoters and less Detractors.

Well, recently my husband has returned to the consulting business. As part of my marketing consultation I recommended he start blogging to increase his visibility in the market. His recent post is a great illustration of how easy it is to understand and adopt NPS. Because of my influence, nearly every customer experience he has is critiqued, and he catagorizes himself as a Promoter or Detractor. With the power of the Internet, his Promoter/Detractor status is now displayed for all to see.

While he is still new and gaining readership, I noticed when I did a google search for him today that his blog was mentioned on an apache blog posting. For those not in the software world, this is a big deal!

Let the word of mouth begin!

Labels: ,